• Five Largest Cities- Bankok, Amphoe Mueang Samut Prakan, Mueang Nonthaburi, Udon Thani,
and Chon Buri.
• The population of Bankok is 5,104,476 people.
• Using rank size rule the populations would be:
Amphoe Mueang Samut Prakan- 2,552,238
Mueang Nonthaburi- 1,701,492
Udon Thani- 1,276,119
Chon Buri- 1,020,895
• The actual populations are:
Amphoe Mueang Samut Prakan- 388,920
Mueang Nonthaburi- 291,555
Udon Thani- 247,231
Chon Buri- 219,164
• Rank-size rule would not work in this situation. This is because Bankok would be considered a primate city. It is more than 2x the size of the second larger city by a ton! The second cities population isn’t even in the millions.
• Population- 67,741,401
• Population Density- 133.6
• % Urban Population- 33.3
• % Urban Population Living in Slums- 2%
• Average % Change in Urban Population- 1.7%
• % with Improved Urban Sanitation- 89%
• % with Improved Urban Water Supply- 97%